Atom and D language server

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Jan 11 21:05:31 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 11 January 2018 at 13:17:40 UTC, helxi wrote:
> I've seen that D has good support for Microsoft VS Code. There
> is a plugin for serve-d that implements all of workspace-d.
>
> It is to be noted that recently, Atom (since 1.21) has adopted
> the language server technology and published a few IDEs based
> on LSP integration. (See
> http://blog.atom.io/2017/10/03/atom-1-21.html) However, with
> Atom, there is no language server package for D at the moment.
> Does WebFreak001 or any of our awesome fellow community member
> consider porting serve-d to Atom?

I'm not planning on porting it, but for all basic functionality
it shouldn't be any more than a few lines of spawning serve-d
with the API they provide, everyone should be able to do that.
Either as fork of atomize-d so we can PR it or we could move it
to Pure-D later so it's there with the other IDEs/Editor Plugins.

See https://github.com/atom/ide-json/blob/master/src/main.js and
https://github.com/atom/ide-go/blob/master/lib/main.js

Spawn serve-d with the arguments `["--require", "D"]`