[VisualD] Fully rebuilding a project after a smallest change in one file

Rogi igor.cesi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:04:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

When using VisualD in 'Visual C/C++ integration mode' my project
rebuilds everything every time I make the smallest change in one
file.

In the simplest case:

// file 'foo.d'
module foo;
class Foo
{
   void FooFunc()
   {

//file 'main.d'
import foo;
int main()
{
   auto f = new Foo();
   f.FooFunc();
   return 0;
}

Both files are added to a simplest Visual C/C++ project (vcxproj)
and compiling with DMD. The project is setup to compile 'One
object file per source file' (far from optimal but necessary in
my use case).
If I modify only main.d, both foo.d and main.d will be recompiled.
Expected behaviour would be: only main.d is recompiled (since
foo.d does not depend on main.d).

I'm using VS2015 + VisualD 0.45.1.

Is this a known problem or I have some kind of problem in my
setup?

Thanks!