[VisualD] Fully rebuilding a project after a smallest change in one file

Rogi igor.cesi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:10:43 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 07:00:40 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 22.01.2018 18:39, Rogi wrote:
>> On Saturday, 20 January 2018 at 21:53:39 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:

>>> I can reproduce it. According to the build log the build task
>>> thinks that the command line as changed. Will have to
>>> investigate more...
>>
>> Thanks for answering!
>> You gave me a hint where to start looking and I can propose
>> you a patch which fixes the issue. I can prepare a pull
>> request for it if you are interested.
>
> Please do. I had a quick look, but didn't yet had time to drill
> deeper, so a patch is very welcome.
>
> My guess is that there is some format mismatch in
> GenerateCommandLineCommands:
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/blob/master/msbuild/dbuild/CompileD.cs#L391

Exactly.
Actually GenerateCommandLineCommands is not even called by the
code which generates the list of sources out-of-date because of
command line change, so it compares the previous command line
with 'nothing'!
I submitted a pull request:
https://github.com/dlang/visuald/pull/86