VisualD Projects

Samsinsane s.surtees at lorgames.com
Thu Jul 12 02:08:55 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 at 16:28:42 UTC, Mr.Bingo wrote:
> You'll have to work that out on your own.

My apologies, I thought this was the place to ask for help using
VisualD.

> Can you use dmd from the command line just fine?

VisualD builds the mixed project hello world just fine. I can run
'dmd' from the command line, but I'm not really sure how to use
it as I'm new to D.

> Can you use dub just fine? Does a dub generated visual D
> project have the same issues?

The DUB generated VisualD project is an old format, and only
contains vibe.d?

> Do you have Visual D's library import paths(both at the
> configuration page and the options page) set properly to what
> they are suppose to be?

I added 15 import paths in my VisualD project for vibe.d. It
started off complaining about missing import paths, so I added
them until it compiled but failed to link. Then I couldn't figure
out what to do.

> With missing symbols it can be a real pain to find out what is
> going on. Sometimes the distributions get corrupted somehow and
> the libraries simply don't work.

What do you mean the distributions get corrupted? Is this common
in the D ecosystem? Will my projects get corrupted randomly?

> Look at the symbol names and you can usually get some idea. If
> it's a vibe.d issue only(create a new hello world project and
> see if the same symbols are missing) then you probably have not
> included vibe.d's libraries.

Sorry, I tried not to write an excessive amount since I was
mostly just wanting to know how to link a D library in VisualD.
All of the symbol names are vibe.d related, but when I build the
vibe.d solution (two of the 19 projects fail), but I link to
'vibed.lib' and it says that it is corrupted or invalid.

> you can use dub to create a new visual D project with vibe D in
> it.

DUB doesn't generate mixed projects though?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. I'm getting
the impression that linking D libraries in VisualD isn't
possible. Thanks anyway!