Visual D debugging messed up

DigitalDesigns DigitalDesigns at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 01:14:05 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 2 June 2018 at 12:47:23 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 02/06/2018 10:21, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>>
>>> Usually it is useless double indirection making one click
>>> twice to open. Since the debugger doesn't remember expanded
>>> variables between runs it can require expanding objects many
>>> times just to see whats going on.
>>>

>> I guess the additional line can be removed if the pointer also
>> shows the abbreviated display value of the pointee (C++ does
>> this, too).
>
> I've added that, you can try a preliminary build from
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/build/job/2r28sjagvc29281d/artifacts

I'd like to make a similar request if you don't mind:

When using nested functions, only the types local to the function
are shown in the locals. It would be nice if higher up variables
would be shown. There is a this pointer but the value is invalid.

void foo(int x)
{
    int y;
    void bar(int z)
    {
      int c;

When debugging bar all I see is c and z but not x and y. This
would work for all nested functions which are functions that have
a "this pointer". foo itself might be nested.