Visual D 0.48-beta1

James Japherson JJ at goolooking.com
Mon Oct 8 15:16:14 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 7 October 2018 at 13:38:18 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 07/10/2018 13:47, James Japherson wrote:
>> On Friday, 5 October 2018 at 12:41:52 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have prepared a beta for the next release of Visual D. Here
>>> are some highlights:
>>>
>>> - fixed installation/uninstallation issues in VS2017
>>> - new VC project: allow adding C++ skeleton, fix some default
>>> settings
>>> - settings: removed some legacy settings and made scope
>>> clearer
>>> - dparser: support for "static foreach", fixed "find
>>> references",
>>> experimental "show value of constants in tooltip"
>>> - mago: fix crash in VS2017, shows return values of functions
>>> stepped
>>> over
>>> - fixed "Compile and Run" on selection
>>> - fixed help via F1
>>>
>>> You can find the installer and more details here:
>>> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.48.0-beta1
>>>
>>> Rainer
>>
>> I just upgraded and now I'm constantly getting
>>
>> A new guard page for the stack cannot be created
>>
>> DParserCOMServer.
>
> Seems to be C#'s message for a stack overflow.
>

>> I upgraded from the linked file
>
> Please specify a few more details about your environment: VS
> ersion, OS, etc.
>
> Is this happening for a specific project or source code? Does
> it happen for a new "Hello World" project, too?

Basically I'm having lots of problems with 0.48.

1. I get that one error about the stack constantly. Usually
happens when I hit '.' but sometimes not.

2. error messages are pointing to lines below the actual error.
Was very confusing to have D say the error is at line x when it
is at line x - 3.

3. Not all debug symbols are showing in locals. foreach does not
allow one to see symbols outside it, all kinds of problems here.

4. I tried downgrading to 0.46 which was working find yesterday
and now it gives me an error about not being able to find
user32.lib. Upgrading back to 0.47 fixes the user32.lib

So far 0.47 seems to be the best of 0.46 and 0.48. I haven't used
it enough to know though.

Not sure what happened but 0.48 has become unusable. All kinds of
minor problems.

Hopefully it is just a simple fix!