Visual D 0.48-beta1

James Japherson JJ at goolooking.com
Wed Oct 10 07:21:29 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 at 06:37:33 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 08/10/2018 19:55, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 08/10/2018 17:16, James Japherson wrote:
>>> Basically I'm having lots of problems with 0.48.
>>>
>>> 1. I get that one error about the stack constantly. Usually
>>> happens when I hit '.' but sometimes not.
>>
>> I can reproduce with a combination of "static foreach" and
>> "tupleof", I hope we can find a solution.
>>

> Please try the new beta:
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.48.0-beta2

Oh man! Almost! It worked for about 3 minutes! I thought I was
going to get somewhere! It got me with the stack frame bug.

I'm having a bigger problem though, not sure I think this is
always been a problem with visual D.

I can't see any outer variables in the debug windows. It seems
lambda's and inner functions and global scope is never shown
while in those scopes! This makes it very hard to debug them
because one can't see the outside variables. One has to make a
sort of local copy.

e.g.,

int x = 3; // Won't be seen while in foo

void foo()
{
    // BP stopped here, can't see x in debug watches unless we do
the following:
    int tmpx = x;

Best I can tell is that the stack frame bug occurs much less.
Maybe 1/10th of the time(before it was every few seconds, now
it's every minute maybe(although it might get worse after it gets
worse).