Code-D apparently isn't answering requests

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Sun Sep 16 18:38:24 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 at 15:21:56 UTC, shfit wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just decided to try out the Code-D plugin for VS Code and it
> doesn't seem to be working.
> I'm running Fedora 28 with VS Code 1.25.0 with Code-D 0.19.0.
> If I f.e. right click on a symbol and select "Go to definition"
> I can see that something gets started in the background because
> I see a little progress bar on top, but the request doesn't
> seem to end.
> I checked the list of running processes and serve-d is running.
> I also tried the LanguageServer plugin for neovim and attempted
> to use it with serve-d and I'm getting an error that the
> request timed out.
> Is this a known issue? Any insights on how I could further
> debug what's going on would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Stephan

hi, does it work with a hello world project? Make sure you can
build your project using `dub` and it should work with code-d as
well.

If it then still doesn't work, add the following value to your
user settings:

"serve-d.trace.server": "verbose",
(it will complain about it not existing, but just ignore this
warning)

Then reload, try what you wanted to do and open the output panel
in vscode at the bottom for "code-d & serve-d" and copy paste
that output to some service like pastebin (make sure you remove
personal information you don't want to share) and make an issue
on https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d with it