VisualD + VS2017

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Sep 30 08:05:36 UTC 2018

On 29/09/2018 09:08, Chris Katko wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of VisualD, straight from the linked site
> with the installer.
>
> I can make a D project but it won't compile. It says "build succeeded"
> but then if I go to run it, it still says "no file exists, build?" So I
> click "yes" and it then fails to find any file.
>
>      "Launch debugger: The program to launch does not exist:
> C:\Users\[user]\novous\source\repos\WindowsApp4\WindowsApp4\Win32\Debug\WindowsApp4.exe"
>

> Inside WindowsApp4.build.cmd, I ran each line individually from command
> prompt and this line is failing:
>
>       "C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\pipedmd.exe" -msmode -deps
> x64\Debug\WindowsApp4.lnkdep link.exe
> @C:\Users\[user]\source\repos\WindowsApp4\WindowsApp4\x64\Debug\WindowsApp4.link.rsp
>

> with the error:
>
>      std.file.FileException at std\file.d(3749): x64\Debug: The system
> cannot find the path specified.
>
> Also,
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\VisualD\pipedmd.exe <---works
>
> WindowsApp4.link.rsp <-- exists from the previous command line.
>
> "x64\Debug\WindowsApp3.lnkdep" <--- I don't have this file. And it's
> also odd to have a relative path like that.

It is an output file from pipedmd that contains the input files the link
step depends on.

On 29/09/2018 09:12, Chris Katko wrote:
 > Also! In the WindowsApp4.buildlog.html I get:
 >
 > OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.17
 > Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
 > http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
 > OPTLINK : Error 8: Illegal Filename

The wrong linker is called here. Do you have the C++ tools installed
with VS?

Check the settings in "Options->Tools->Projects and Solutions->Visual D
Settings->DMD directories->x64": you should probably enable "override
linker settings from sc.ini" and check the executable paths (VC paths
before dmd path).