Best IDE

number putimalitze at gmx.de
Mon Apr 22 19:41:23 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 19:13:14 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
> On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 07:50:18 UTC, number wrote:
>> I just checked again using 'dfmt' and this seems to be
>> resolved.
>> But my 'Go to Declaration' doesn't do anything. I tried local
>> variables, classnames/types or import statements. Do I need to
>> setup something? I have set '/usr/include/dmd/gtkd3' in Ide
>> Lang Settings Import Path. BTW: What does '[x] List local
>> symbols' do?
>
> Since I'm busy with other things at the moment, I haven't
> worked much on ide-dlang, other plugins or their backend (only
> a handful of fixes in the past month), so I'm thinking the
> issue with dfmt was something with Atom or atom-ide-ui.
>
> I know that Atom can use ctrl+click for both go-to-definition
> and multi-cursor, so if it's set up for multi-cursor then you
> cannot use ctrl+click for going to definitions.
> I just tested on my machine and it seemed to work alright
> (Linux x64, Atom 1.36.0, atom-ide-ui 0.13.0). What platform are
> you on, and did it ever work before ?

Same platform and versions here. I didn't know cntrl+click. It
seems to work for local variables but not for classnames (or
constructors) and import statements. I used 'Go to Declaration'
from the context menu but it doesn't do anything. I never used
atom before so I don't know if it worked before, at least it
didn't for me since I first tried it.

...actually cntrl+click works for classes too if defined in the
same file.
As for the formatting issue: it happened again right now, so it's
not resolved. But no big deal, I will just change back to
'builtin'. I don't even know what the difference would be.

> The "List local symbols" setting is for the symbol outline, if
> it's checked then local variables are going to be shown in the
> outline view. By default it's disabled because it can easily
> clutter the view.

I see, thanks!