Speed up compilation in Visual D

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 07:03:36 UTC 2019

On 23/04/2019 02:50, Alex wrote:
> Is there any way to speed of compilation in Visual D? Seems everything
> is being recompiled from scratch even with minute changes. I'd think
> compiling to object files might help but maybe not?

With visualdproj project files, you can select between building all at
once (which would cause what you describe unless you separate your code
into multiple libraries) and single file compilation which will only
recompile what (transitively) imports the file with the changes, but
that's often only faster if there are only few files to update.

The vcproj projects can compile per package, i.e. there is some kind of
automatic separation into libraries. In addition, the latest version
allows you to enable parallel compilation on multiple cores.