VisualD latest version (v0.49.1) regression under VS2015

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Apr 26 18:25:02 UTC 2019

On 25/04/2019 21:56, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> I can also reproduce the problems with VS2015 after installation. It can
> be corrected by repairing or modifying (much faster) the VS2015
> installation afterwards, even with Visual D 0.49.1 still installed.
> Strangely, this happens with older Visual D versions, too. I haven't
> experienced that before, I'm investigating...

Results so far:

- modifying the VS2015 installation sometimes seems to work, but I've
seen it going back to reporting errors with the next start of VS, too

- any new (un)installation brings back the bad behavior (even with
completely unrelated programs)

- repairing the VS installation seems to help, but also probably takes
longer than just reinstalling

- installing 0.49.1 with the correct d.props file, the issue does not
appear, only after uninstall

- when uninstalling 0.49.0, it happens, too.

- it doesn't happen with 0.48.0, also after uninstall

The major difference between 0.48.0 and 0.49.0 that I'm aware of is that
I've switched to VS2019 as the build environment. Maybe this causes some
issues with the .NET framework.