Visual D - keep console open

bitwise bitwise.pvt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:29:56 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 8 August 2019 at 18:31:52 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> As you noticed this option is for visualdproj projects. It
> works for running without debugger for me. Please verify that
> you have changed this option for the correct configuration and
> platform (that's a common mistake I make).

This was actually it. Strangely, the platform in the property
pages for the D project defaulted to x64, while the platform
specified on the VS toolbar defaulted to x86. This was a fresh
Visual D project, and I hadn't changed anything. This was also on
my laptop. On my PC however, I created a new Visual D project,
and the options in the property pages and on the toolbar were
both set to Win32, which is what I would expect. I'm not sure
what to make of this.

> I consider it the preferred project type and the other legacy,
> though there are some features only available with the
> visualdproj projects, e.g. automatic import paths from project
> dependencies and "private" phobos builds for better debugging.

Ok, this works for now. My main project is meant to be
multiplatform and compile on a mac though, so I'll have to
revisit this issue later with DUB integration in mind.

Thanks