When could Visual D distinguish between overloads

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 18:27:56 UTC 2019

On 14/08/2019 10:29, Susan wrote:
> It’s a old problem that Visual D cannot distinguish between overloads,
> this causes Visual D to jump to the wrong overload. This is quite a
> major defect. So when would you implement this, @rainers?

I'm not sure it is properly solvable with the current semantic engine.

I hope I can add an experimental version of a dmd frontend based engine
to the next major release of Visual D. This will yield good (semantic)
error messages and browsing (on compiling code) including correct
overload detection, but will probably have quite a few other quirks in
its first version.