toString

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:44:27 UTC 2019

> struct X
> {
>    int x;
>    int foo(bool test) { return x; }
> }

I really mean using a delegate function pointer

+		foo	0x00f61000 {X.foo} int function(X, bool)*

struct X
{
    int x;
    int function(X x, bool test = false) foo;
}

When one expands a variable that contains the function, it can be
evaluated on that variable...

so instead of just showing the function pointer info and having
to evaluate it manually I was thinking it might be interesting if
the function could be evaluated by the debugger since it would be
much faster...

I realize this has some problem, specially for function
pointers(since we don't know if they are to operate on this or
not)...

but if something could be done to easy the strain of having to
manually make it work then it would be very useful.

I really wish VD could have it's window like a watch that one
could setup to do stuff like this because VS's concept of
debugging can be very limiting(although it is getting better, it
is still is based on the punch-card method).

Imagine if any debugging info could be gotten with the click of a
mouse rather than having to mess around with stuff constantly.
The problem with debugging is lack of information and having to
find it(to find bugs we have to find out what information is
wrong and hence the presentation of information is key to speed
up this process).