Visual D: Simplify interface listing

Amex Amex at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 20:20:58 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 5 June 2019 at 21:15:39 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 05/06/2019 10:41, Amex wrote:
>> Interfaces in the debug window always seem to show the class
>> it is as a child that requires expansion...
>>
>> I see this no need for this.
>>
>> Interfaces will display static info but the fields will all be
>> from the objects so it almost always require an extra
>> expansion unnecessarily.
>>
>> Instead of removing the entry maybe just copy it up one level
>> so one can see what is what if necessary.
>>
>> Probably what really needs to happen(and it could be optional)
>> is to always display objects as a flat list exist for any
>> nested entries.
>>
>> e.g.,
>>
>> interface X;
>> class Y { class Z { int q;} Z z; int f; }
>>
>> will be listed as
>>
>> X/Y
>>   Z/z
>>
>> rather than

>> (or how ever visual D lists it)
>>
>> I mainly just feel the tree gets a bit polluted at times with
>> unnecessary/redundant info
>>

> I agree, there is one indirection too many with the display of
> the derived class, it should be shown on the top level.
>
> Are you aware of the Debugging->Mago option "Show base class
> fields as direct fields"? It can help to reduce the clutter,
> but doesn't help in the example above.

Yes, I saw that option. I thought enabling may show far too many.
I was having some structure that had a lot of fields. What I
finally did was use a nested class and refactored my code to help
reduce it. That allowed me to burry stuff that I don't want to
see as often. It might then work well with that option.