Visual D pass ldc2 parameters -conf=etc/ldc2.conf

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 04:17:29 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 March 2019 at 19:21:12 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 28/02/2019 14:06, Michelle Long wrote:
>> Trying to pass
>> -conf=/etc/ldc2.conf
>>
>> to ldc2 so it will load but this goes to dmd and it errors out.
>>
>> also when I go to command line, it shows dmd even though I
>> have ldc2 as the compiler
>>
>> $(VisualDInstallDir)pipedmd.exe" -deps
>> "$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).dep"
>> dmd -m64 -g -gf -debug -X -Xf"$(IntDir)\$(TargetName).json"
>> -of"$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).exe"
>> -L/PDB:"$(IntDir)\$(SafeProjectName).pdb" -L/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
>> -L/noopttls
>>
>> and I put the additional option and it passes it to dmd.
>>
>> I need to be able to properly pass command line arguments to
>> ldc2.
>>
>> I'm assuming that the above is for dmd's arguments to ldc2,
>> but I need specific arguments to ldc2 per project.
>>
>> So possibly have a sub page that does the same but for the
>> ldc2 side when the ldc configuration is being used?
>>
>> Or just another text box below for ld2 options.
>>

> If you select LDC as the compiler for the current configuration
> (and apply this change) the command line page shows "ldc2". All
> additional options are then passed to ldc2 as is, dmd is no
> longer invoked.

ok, that did change things. So here is the question:

1. I used Visual D to generate the DMD+LDC+GDC configuration.
2. I selected Debug LDC
3. I could compile and, at least I thought ldc was compiling the
project.

It seems though that either I somehow changed the compiler to dmd
or it was never set...

I might have changed it a long time ago as this project is old,
but I can't imagine why I would have set that property.

In any case, seems to be working as expect from changing that
compiler setting.

Thanks.