di files not included in VD

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 04:28:19 UTC 2019

On Friday, 1 March 2019 at 19:14:05 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 28/02/2019 11:09, Michelle Long wrote:
>> If I rename them to d they are included. Dragging and dropping
>> in to the project.
>
> I can drop .di files into both .visualdproj and .vcxproj
> projects just fine.

Yes, they are shown in the project fine. It's just as if the are
not included in the compilation process at all.

> If you mean they are not added to the command line to dmd,
> that's because they are not meant to be compiled but just
> imported. You can overwrite that by choosing build tool "DMD"
> (visualdproj) or item type "D Compiler" (vcxproj).

LDC has some .di files that are imported. I added the .di files
to the project(for dcompute) but the compiler would complain that
the modules are missing... if I renamed them to .d everything
would work. (either extension would show up in D)

This might be an issue with the compiler though so not a big
deal, probably against on my end.

Thanks.