Visual D 0.49.0-beta1

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 00:07:56 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 16 March 2019 at 18:45:48 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just created a first beta for Visual D 0.49.0:
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.49.0-beta1
>
> Highlights:
>
> - parallel compilation supported by VC projects (thanks to Igor
> Cesi)
>
> - new "Language" configuration page for -betterC, -dipNN and
> -transition=/-preview=/-revert= options
>
> - dparser: catch up with recent language changes
>
> See the link above for more details.
>
> Rainer

Also, I'm not sure if this is new or what but now when I compile
my projects I get

Building x64\Debug DMD\privatephobos.lib

msvc.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

msvc_math.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

errno.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

adler32.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

compress.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

crc32.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

deflate.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

gzclose.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

gzlib.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

gzread.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

gzwrite.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

infback.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

inffast.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

inflate.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

inftrees.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

trees.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

uncompr.c
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.14.26430 for
x64

zutil.c

These files are in dmd src phobos dir it seems and it happens
every time I build
the project.

Best I can tell is visual D is building phobos every time... This
happens even if I made a change to a single file and recompile.
It used to not do this.

I see no reason why it would have to rebuild phobos every time
since nothing changes. Disabling private build removes the
errors. Maybe an option to use build only if it does not exist so
it does not rebuild every time.

Also, does building multiple object files reduce compilation by
not rebuilding everything? Seems like a lot of files are
recompiled that don't change at all.

...and at the page
http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html, would it
be possible to have a search that restricts to that info?

There also seems to be an error in that a command line option -gc
is being used by Visual D for "generate debug info suitable for
mixed debugger" in the debug options. Disabling that options
removes the switch.

-gc seems to go with Visual studio while -g is for mago.

Not sure what they are suppose to do but dmd does not accept -gc.

You might want to add an option for -gf Emit debug info for all
referenced types  to the debug properties.

Another thing: When I do a search for a variable and the Visual D
search window pops up for multiple matches, double clicking any
entry does not take me to the file and location of that entry
making me manually find the entry.