Visual D 0.49.0-beta1

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 12:49:18 UTC 2019

On 19/03/2019 21:03, Michelle Long wrote:
> If I do a rebuild it gives me
>
> x64\Debug DMD\privatephobos.lib not up to date: command line has changed
>
> and now it is doing it again(if I make any change to my project files).
>
> Maybe only essential command line changes should be
> checked(architecture, etc... anything that would effect the library
> itself).
>
> I don't think the command line actually changed though. I simply added a
> space to a project file and built.
>
> If you are not sure about this error maybe add code to display the
> change in the command line so one could see what actually is changing.
> It might be a buggy piece of code that thinks it's changing when it's
> not but no way to tell.

I couldn't reproduce it so far. The library is rebuilt if the commands
to build it changes, and the last version is saved to
privatephobos.lib.build in the output folder.

If it happens again, please make a copy of the file and compare it to
the version after it has been built again.

>>> Another thing: When I do a search for a variable and the Visual D
>>> search window pops up for multiple matches, double clicking any entry
>>> does not take me to the file and location of that entry making me
>>> manually find the entry.

[...]
> I'm not sure, I got it to popup up on something else and was able to
> double click and it worked. So either it was a glitch or maybe it has
> some file finding errors and double clicking works but it can't open the
> file.

I noticed an issue recently where selecting an entry would jump to the
correct file, but not to the appropriate location. Repeating the same
selection then jumps to the correct location. Probably has to do with
the file just being loaded, but still needs to be investigated...