Visual D Privileged instruction

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:31:21 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 15:47:20 UTC, Alex wrote:
> Also, when I do a search for some things and it returns back
> the Visual D search, When I double click on an entry it does
> not take me to the location.
>
> everything checks out in the list but the path is relative
> "..\Libs\moduleX.d"
>
> I'm thinking that is the reason it doesn't open it because it
> doesn't turn that in to an absolute path. It's obviously
> collecting the right info since it's displaying it all
> correctly but the open file routine when double clicking on an
> entry is failing to open the file... suggesting it is most
> likely due to the relative path.

This may be a bigger bug because I've noticed a lot of times when
I do things Visual D simply either ignores.

For example, if I'm stepping through some code using F11 to step
in to and I have function that uses another function like:

if (foo(bar())

I will step in to bar but afterwards not in to foo.

If I do a go to definition on foo I get 3 possibilities...

One for the interface, one for the class, and one for the derived
class.

But clicking on any one of them does not take me anywhere.

It seems there is some bug in the resolving of symbols in visual
D. It might be related to these relative paths.

I think we already talked about this in some way and there was
some issues with how D resolved paths and it solved some other
issue. It might be a pattern that Visual D uses based on the old
code. I don't remember the details though.

I code is too complex to upload and dustmiting it doesn't work.

D:\dmd2\windows\bin\dustmite --strip-comments --split *.bat:lines
D:\.dustmite "build.dustmite.bat 2>&1 | find \"Internal error\""
Suspicious file found: D:\.dustmite\build.dustmite.bat
You should use a clean copy of the source tree.
If it was your intention to include this file in the file-set to
be reduced,
re-run dustmite with the --force option.

Not sure why it is using .dustmite in the root directory. It used
to do it in the project directory.