Two visual D suggestions:

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Fri May 17 17:29:43 UTC 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 at 11:39:54 UTC, Alex wrote:
> On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 19:58:58 UTC, Alex wrote:
>>
>> A biggie:
>>
>> 1. Visual D is not properly handling interfaces. If I declare
>> an interface variable, it simply treats it as a pointer
>> without casting it to it's class type. Since all interfaces
>> are classes at run time, it should do this internally and
>> treat all interfaces as the classes that they
>
> Is there any ETA when this might be fixed? I feel I'll be more
> productive when it is so I'll put off working on some code
> until then... if it's not too far out. Not trying to rush you
> but if it's < a week I'll just re-order some things to be done.
>
> Thanks.

And just to be clear we are talking about the same thing ;)

interface X;

class Y : X { X x; }

Y q;
X y = q;
y.x = q;

Then in autos/local/watch on y one cannot see the fields of the
object because it treats it as an interface and interfaces do not
contain fields... even though obviously the object is actually a
class.

This happens for nested fields too which is the main issue since
one can't easily get at the fields programmatically without a lot
of trouble.