Two visual D suggestions:

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon May 20 06:44:38 UTC 2019

On 17/05/2019 13:39, Alex wrote:
> On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 19:58:58 UTC, Alex wrote:
>>
>> A biggie:
>>
>> 1. Visual D is not properly handling interfaces. If I declare an
>> interface variable, it simply treats it as a pointer without casting
>> it to it's class type. Since all interfaces are classes at run time,
>> it should do this internally and treat all interfaces as the classes
>> that they
>
> Is there any ETA when this might be fixed? I feel I'll be more
> productive when it is so I'll put off working on some code until then...
> if it's not too far out. Not trying to rush you but if it's < a week
> I'll just re-order some things to be done.
>
> Thanks.

Should be fixed in the next version. The machinery was mostly already
there, but classes and interfaces that don't have any fields would not
show the dynamic type. It is now also shown with braces in the type
field as in other languages (C# and C++).

I also added some support for extern(C++) classes getting the derived
type from the symbol name of the vtbl. No support for multiple
inheritence in C++, though.