mixin file very large

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri May 31 07:48:02 UTC 2019

On 31/05/2019 09:17, Amex wrote:
> It seems that a single debug mixin file is created per project. Is it
> possible to split this up in to one mixin per file(the file it
> corresponds to?)

I guess this only works if you select separate compilation (with the
usual side effects, e.g. slow down of compilation).

> Also, recently I've been getting these warnings, never occurred before
> and I don't know why
>
> privatephobos.lib(package.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain
> multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
> privatephobos.lib(gc.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple
> objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
> privatephobos.lib(stdio.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple
> objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
> privatephobos.lib(exception.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain
> multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, this happens when building newer versions of phobos with debug
information because there are multiple source files with the same name
but in different folders. Unless you want to debug the mentioned modules
you can ignore the warnings (and make them disappear with additional
command line option -L/ignore:4255).