Visual D 0.50.0-beta1 released

Amex Amex at gmail.com
Fri May 31 22:29:34 UTC 2019

On Friday, 31 May 2019 at 16:30:02 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the adventurous: I have just released a preliminary version
> of Visual D with some new major changes:
>
> - there is now another installer available that includes DMD
> and LDC, so no additional setup steps necessary to get you going
>
> - now checks for updates for Visual D, DMD and LDC and assists
> with downloading and installing
>
> - experimental: highlight references to the same symbol as the
> one at the caret (to be enabled in the editor options)
>
> - mago debugger extension: better dynamic type handling of
> classes and interfaces, show exception message
>
> Grab it here:
> https://github.com/dlang/visuald/releases/tag/v0.50.0-beta1
>
> Cheers,
> Rainer

Awesome! It's like Christmas all over again! Like the update
feature!

One problem still: Dragging a variable from the debug to the
memory still drags all the junk for v2019.

Also,

What about installing gdc like ldc and such?

Also, can we get a monthly check and having the previous install
renamed if there is a collision so that we have the backup of the
compiler in case anything breaks.

I haven't put it through the test but interfaces is working now!
That is a big deal for me! I've enabled all the experimental
features and things are a bit different(colorized and such).

> - mago debugger extension: better dynamic type handling of
> classes and interfaces, show exception message

One thing I've always been confused on is the mago debugger vs
visual studio(and the mixed mode).

Is there any place that shows the difference? I'm not sure which
to use. I want to use the best obviously. There are also several
places that have a debugger selector and I have no idea what they
are all about.