Visual D: Please improve Visual Studio support

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Oct 5 08:48:21 UTC 2019

On 03/10/2019 09:47, WINMMAPI wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 05:50:37 UTC, WINMMAPI wrote:
>> 1. Please add a object brower on the top like VC++ and VC# does
>> Visual C++: https://sm.ms/image/njkaFhc2etBQR7G
>> Visual D: https://sm.ms/image/KmenxadgbPO8zNJ

Indeed, that would be nice.

>> 2. Please make a option in the right-click menu for renaming symbols
>> Most VS users prefer to rename a symbol by the "Rename Symbol" in the
>> right click menu in VC++ and VC#. However, this is not supported in
>> VD. Additionally, the buttons in the "VD Search" window don't seem to
>> be high-DPI friendly.
>> Visual C++: https://sm.ms/image/NLcTJ2n6HMWdeRz
>> Visual D: https://sm.ms/image/5RihYkCvV8mJgXA

Renaming needs pretty reliable semantic analysis, and unfortunately, we
are not there yet.

>> 3. Show parameter info cannot show or switch between overloads
>> Visual C++: https://sm.ms/image/7elsARISPJxpjNn
>> Visual D: https://sm.ms/image/dylv14GneVsAMj7

This is supposed to work, but seems to get lost in the conflict of the
JSON browse information and the semantic engine. With the latter active,
the function signatures are shown when typing the opening paranthesis,
but is replaced by the tooltip soon after.

> 4. VD cannot preview folded code
> Visual C++: https://sm.ms/image/fuoIGV32BhLEKt8
> Visual D: https://sm.ms/image/izy4dNu6Z5EqmnT

Shouldn't be too difficult...