Dexed, revived!

Akira1364 operator97 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 00:18:36 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 19 October 2019 at 11:59:23 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Hi, you can get the binaries for linux here:
>
> https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/Mjsfj0odTRCDzKyMs6nEsQ
> https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/pWdPdzE_SPSc-7LgMYdg4Q
> https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/OP2NNDW2SJiyDUsEGUZuaQ
> https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/0R9q_SMSTk6gasfHg-8aNA

Thanks for the binary links, Basile, that's definitely quite
helpful.

> Note that at this point I'm pretty sure (96%) that I won't come
> back.

That's ok, honestly. Applications like Dexed are right up the
alley of what I do at work so it's not much of a stretch for me.

> docking issues come from the Lazarus component library so they
> have to be fixed in the component that is used (AnchorDocking),
> good luck with that ;)

I have no intention of using anything other than trunk FPC and
trunk Lazarus to develop Dexed, TBH. AnchorDocking specifically
has received a number of fixes recently and works quite well
overall I'd say. Even before, I've used it successfully in
several other apps I've worked on without encountering too many
"bumps in the road".