(Visual D) it is not clear on how to install dub packages into project.

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Oct 21 04:47:13 UTC 2019

On 21/10/2019 5:40 PM, Shadowblitz16 wrote:
> Hello, its not very clear how to install dub packages into existing
> visual D projects.
> I tried using the packages manager to run "dub add dsfml" however that
> froze the package manager and I had to go into task manager and force
> end the dub process.

That command is not needed.
Its easy enough to add the dependency manually in the dub file (see below).

Also please report this as a bug, because I've never seen that behavior
before.

https://github.com/dlang/dub

> there really needs to be a clear explanation on this as dub is the
> official package manager for the d language and I have still yet to
> figure out how to use it.
>
> this is not just for visual D but other IDE implementations of the d
> language.
> when I go to the dub website it simply says... "to install run "dub add
> <packagename>""
> however when trying this it says I must first run "dub init" which i'm
> not sure is per project or once per computer.

Per project, it creates the dub.json or dub.sdl file. I.e. (a fairly
complex real project)
https://github.com/dlang-community/D-Scanner/blob/master/dub.json

For future reference this isn't related to VisualD, and D.learn group
would be more appropriate.