No extensions in Atom/VS Code provides linting

Hossain Adnan relay.public.adnan at outlook.com
Sat Sep 28 04:38:59 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 26 September 2019 at 16:18:34 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 00:13:19 UTC, Hossain Adnan
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> -- they should just work! All I had to do
>> [...]
>
> I cannot say much for running VS Code on linux. I tested VS
> Code with DLS on windows and I was really surprised because it
> worked out of the box including linting, code formatting and
> code completion.
>
> Your issue seems to be OS specific. I stopped using VS code
> because the way VS Code in general works is for me a blocker.
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

I don't think it's OS specific. I tried using the intellij idea
community edition and the DLanguage extension. Linting works
fine. However I've been getting this weird error (I reported it)
when formatting. I reported it
(https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues/519).

Currently IntelliJ is my only hope. But I refuse to believe
Dscanner is useless to this extent
(https://github.com/d-language-server/vscode-dlang/issues/18#issuecomment-534907556)