In case you doubt of dexed stability and D's GC

Basile B. b2.tem at gmx.com
Mon Dec 14 11:40:17 UTC 2020

apparently an IDE not programmed in D but that uses a dll made in
D and that uses the D garbage collector can run for more than one
week without problems:

---
[basile at pc-12 styx]$ ps -p $(pidof "dexed") -o etime
     ELAPSED
  7-10:59:25
[basile at pc-12 styx]$
---

from https://c.gmx.com/@558129942915716568/ol2I2YbTSZ2K5IOYvEfffg.

Only 8 Gb DRam installed, average use is 250Mb although
previously, when what does the dll was made by processes, it was
more like 40Mb... but well that's not too crazy as long as it's
stabilized.

So during one week, it's about 100+ files opened closed scanned
for their AST etc..., on each tab switch too. The diff for what's
been done during this 7 days is like -2500 +2000. I don't count
the "runnables" created when I test an issue or a snipset posted
in .Learn.

Dont't be afraid of the GC. Even if it uses more memory than ARC.
That just works.