VisualD - Performance, Memory Usage, & Update Crash

Marcel marcelpi97 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 10:47:00 UTC 2020

Hello!
I've been using VisualD for about 3 months now and I've been
facing several issues that are making it increasingly difficult
to work on my projects.

1- I have a PC and a laptop. The former has Windows 10 installed
and the latter has Windows 7: for some reason the "Check Now"
button, for updating VisualD and the various compilers, causes
Visual Studio to instantly crash with no error message, followed
by a program restart. I've faced this issue only recently in my
Windows 7 laptop.

2- DMD language server's memory usage can get quite high, causing
all running applications to slow down dramatically. Additionally,
once memory usage reaches 1~2GB it doesn't decrease, which makes
me think its leaking memory.

3- Most operations that require semantic analysis are
catastrophically slow. For example, say you want to find where a
symbol is defined (the symbol is from the current solution): This
operation can take around 2 MINUTES, and many times the search
result is incorrect.

Are there any fixes for these issues?