VisualD - Performance, Memory Usage, & Update Crash

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 22:22:28 UTC 2020

On 10/02/2020 19:54, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> 1- I have a PC and a laptop. The former has Windows 10 installed and the
>> latter has Windows 7: for some reason the "Check Now" button, for
>> updating VisualD and the various compilers, causes Visual Studio to
>> instantly crash with no error message, followed by a program restart.
>> I've faced this issue only recently in my Windows 7 laptop.
>
> I haven't tried to run Visual D in Windows 7 in a while, maybe the
> update mechanism has a problem there. What version of VS are you using?

I got hold of a Windows 7 VM and could reproduce the crash: it happens
due to unexpected problems with https-requests. The dmd download is
still using http and works for me.

I can avoid the crashes (showing an error in the status bar instead),
but I haven't found a solution yet for WinHttp not allowing the secure
connection.