VisualD installer does not find visual studio 2019 community edition

exo1 f at f.f
Wed Jun 10 08:20:32 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 10 June 2020 at 06:55:10 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 09/06/2020 09:23, exo1 wrote:
>>>
>>> Those errors are no more. Yay!!!
>>>
>>> However, go to definition for overloaded procs show a list of
>>> overloads instead of automatically going to the correct one.
>>> I thought the DMD engine was supposed to work automatically?
>>
>> Also "VisualD -> Compile and Run" does not seem to work.
>> "Compile and
>> Debug" & "Compile and Disassemble" work.
>> And, it does not display any errors in the code, not even when
>> I save my
>> code.
>
> Are you using a VS project, or are you just editing source
> files that you build through dub?

I get all 3 of these issues (autocomplete issue, run issue, no
errors issue) on a project created through VS2019 template for
VisualD. (Dunno whether it works with project created through dub
init or not because dmdserver currently crashes for it.)