Atom, ide-dlang and.. a better doc for beginners ?

ffred ffred at gmx.us
Fri May 1 06:02:13 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 11 April 2020 at 15:18:32 UTC, RegeleIONESCU wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 February 2020 at 12:02:14 UTC, ffred wrote:
>> the package ide-dlang for Atom has been updated by its author.
>> there's now a 'build', 'run' & 'test' functions included (F7).
>>  :-)
>> https://atom.io/packages/ide-dlang
>
> Hello! A more beginner here :)
>
> I am trying to setup Atom. I installed ide-dlang 1.17.0,
> atom-dlang 1.1.2, d-struct 1.2.3, build 0.70.0, I set the path
> to dub executable as "C:\ldc\bin\dub.exe", as I am using LDC, I
> run "dub fetch dls" and "dub run dls:bootstrap" from the
> command line as instructed at
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/dls, I set in ide-dlang the
> path to DLS executable as
> "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\dub\packages\.bin\dls-latest\dls.exe", I copied your build-provider.js file in place of the original one, I even replaced dmd.exe with ldc2.exe where appears in the build-provider.js file but I keep getting "No targets found" when pressing F7 or "No eligible build target No configuration to build this project exists." when pressing F9.
>
> Could you please help me identify the issue and sort it out?
>
> I am on Win10 64.

Hi, sorry I was away from D for some time now and hadn't been
notified of your post.
seems you installed too much similar packages. when using it, I
just installed ide-dlang, atom-ide-ui and build and nothing more.
then I modified the build-provider file, but as I was saying in
my last post, the author of ide-dlang did updated his package, so
you shouldn't have to modify this file now..

sorry, don't have time right now to install on this computer to
verify how it's working. by the way there's now a 1.17.1 version
of ide-dlang. maybe you should clean your setup and try again
with just the minimum packages.
also note that the author set it as "unmaintained" now on github.
so if it still doesn't work for you and you're not attached to
Atom, maybe you could look on the VSCode side. the dlang support
seems better on it..