Visual Studio 2019 - not able to install/integrate Visual D

zack no-way-zack at no-web.de
Wed Nov 11 10:13:44 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 10 October 2020 at 08:06:18 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

> On 07/10/2020 13:35, zack wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 7 October 2020 at 09:20:39 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> Yes, there is a solution (I had the same problem previously):
>>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/tojdyubomnoevudsnnul@forum.dlang.org
>>
>> This is perfect, thanks!
>> Problem solved.
>
> I tried to reproduce this with a fresh Windows image and Visual
> Studio 2019 16.7.5, both Community and Enterprise. No need for
> manual registry entries here.
>
> Is it possible that you (and Imperatorn) are not using the
> standard VS installer, but some company distribution of Visual
> Studio that doesn't change the registry and maybe even not
> allow uninstall?

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't know if it helps, but:
I have downloaded and installed VS Studio enterprise about a year
ago. It was no company disitribution, I have installed it via the
normal installer (but it's licensed via university). Since then I
used the update functionality.

currently installed versions:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.18363
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 - Version 16.7.5