emacs packages

glis-glis andreas.fueglistaler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:10:26 UTC 2021

Is there any documentation on how to use emacs with D? The github
page of emacs d-mode [1] does not really explain a lot, nor does
the wiki-page [2].

At the moment, I use the following packages: d-mode,
flycheck-d-unittest and company-dcd. I really like the way
unittests are underlined when failing by flycheck, giving an
almost REPL-like programming experience.

Autocompletion with company-dcd and syntax check with flycheck
mostly work fine, but they are not able to find my packages
installed with DUB. Also, company-dcd-goto-definition only works
for the standard-library, it is not able to find the definition
of my own functions nor packages I installed with DUB.

Is there a dfmt-package for emacs? I still use clang-format,
which kind of works for D-code except when the syntax does not
exist in C++ (for example "=>" ).

[1] https://github.com/Emacs-D-Mode-Maintainers/Emacs-D-Mode
[2] https://wiki.dlang.org/Editors