emacs packages

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:17:39 UTC 2021

On Monday, 8 February 2021 at 09:10:26 UTC, glis-glis wrote:
> Is there any documentation on how to use emacs with D?

Well, that depends entirely on how you use D, and how you use
Emacs. :)

> Autocompletion with company-dcd and syntax check with flycheck
> mostly work fine, but they are not able to find my packages
> installed with DUB.

For this, you probably want the flycheck-dmd-dub package:

https://github.com/atilaneves/flycheck-dmd-dub

> Also, company-dcd-goto-definition only works for the
> standard-library, it is not able to find the definition of my
> own functions nor packages I installed with DUB.

company-dcd actually uses flycheck-dmd-dub to query Dub import
paths and pass them on to DCD, so it should work (though perhaps
something needs to be turned on or otherwise configured first).

> Is there a dfmt-package for emacs? I still use clang-format,
> which kind of works for D-code except when the syntax does not
> exist in C++ (for example "=>" ).

For indentation, you can use cc-mode's facilities, which are
supported in d-mode via indent-region.

For full-on formatting, Per Nordlöw wrote a dfmt package
(wrapping the titular tool). A copy can be found here:
https://github.com/qsimpleq/elisp-dfmt