Visual D 1.1.0-beta1 shows parameter storage at call site

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Jan 4 20:46:38 UTC 2021

On 04/01/2021 18:20, Eliatto wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 December 2020 at 11:13:43 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> finally, there is a new version of Visual D being prepared.
>
> Thank you for your efforts.
> What about the following feature?
> User is able to feed VisualD with the path to dub file. VisualD starts
> to track file modifications. It is a black-box for it. If VisualD
> detects dub.sdl modification, then it shows popup a-la "dub.sdl has been
> modified. Regenerate solution?" Perhaps, user should have an option to
> save additional command-line arguments in the project options.
> So the rationale is to minimize visuald project regeneration via console.
> We can consider CMakeLists.txt handling in Visual Studio for inspiration.

Visual D has some very basic dub support since version 0.51: if a
project is generated via dub, it has dub.sdl/json as a file in the
project. If this exists you can use "dub refresh" from the context menu
in the solution explorer to rebuild the solution, so need to change to
the command line.

Adding some watch for modification of that file seems like a simple
extension. Not sure if it will make it into the coming release, though.