dub root folder as environment-variable in VisualD

ShadoLight ettienne.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:38:14 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 at 07:39:18 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
wrote:

[..]

> These paths are generated by dub, so it's mostly dub that has
> to be changed to use some environment variable.

Indeed. There are a few things in dub that should be improved for
visuald <-> dub to complement each other nicely. It is on my
"to-do" list, if I can only find the time (and motivation!)

[..]
> LOCALAPPDATA is probably what you are looking for. Only if it
> is not set, dub uses APPDATA.

Oh wow! I must have been blind...

> There is also the option to "Add import paths of project
> dependencies" which might help to remove most of the paths from
> the setting. That option didn't exist when "dub generate" was
> implemented, though.

Another thing for that 'dub generate' improvement.