Few guide notes for newbie. Please

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Jan 11 10:40:09 UTC 2021

On 11/01/2021 9:12 AM, Energo Koder wrote:
>> VisualD (VS), VS-code (webfreak.code-d), Intellij IDEA (Intellij D
>> Language, not currently up to date with IntelliJ but should soon).
>>
>> I use IntelliJ IDEA.
>
> Any idea how to configure IntelliJ IDEA? In order to compile and debug d
> programs?

Install plugin. Compilation out of box. But you won't get
auto-completion or anything else without dcd, dfmt and dscanner built
and set in its config (usual IntelliJ IDEA plugin config dialog).

Debug no idea. I have to use VisualD as I'm on Windows.

But by the sounds of things, you should skip the IDE and get a hang of
building without it. IDE's are very much optional with D. Due to more
powerful language features, full auto-completion requires a full
frontend and we don't currently have that setup for linux just yet.