Dexed Fails to Link on x86_64 Windows

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 04:04:01 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 22 July 2023 at 16:50:17 UTC, Ruby The Roobster
wrote:
> Following all of the steps for building on windows, I get the
> following linker error:
>
> ```
> dexed-d.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__D3std12experimental6logger12__ModuleInfoZ referenced in
> function ldc.dllimport_relocation
> ```
>
> I'm using LDC 1.32.0.
> Linker used is the Microsoft linker, not sure if that matters.

I'm by no means an expert on the compiler toolchain, but if it
were me, I would try upgrading to LDC 1.33 because it's low
effort and a reasonable chance of success.
std.experimental.logger is deprecated, so it might have been
removed. ldc.dll looks like it's ldc, but that's where I might be
mistaken.