Dexed Fails to Link on x86_64 Windows

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 06:32:22 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 25 July 2023 at 06:20:37 UTC, harakim wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 July 2023 at 16:50:17 UTC, Ruby The Roobster
> wrote:
>> ```
>> dexed-d.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>> __imp__D3std12experimental6logger12__ModuleInfoZ referenced in
>> function ldc.dllimport_relocation
>> ```
> ```lld-link: error: undefined symbol: __declspec(dllimport)
> ModuleInfo for std.experimental.logger```

You can see that all of the code was moved to std.logger, which
makes sense and it was publicly imported, which seems ideal:
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/master/std/experimental/logger/core.d

I was wondering if because the module is empty, it does not
generate a ModuleInfo struct. Should the problem be solved in the
library or in the calling code?