Problems building on Ubuntu 13.10 with LLVM 3.3

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Tue Aug 20 11:48:03 PDT 2013

On 20 Aug 2013, at 17:47, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 09:44:11 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
> wrote:
>> At a guess, I'd suggest that -lpthread is being placed in the wrong
>> order on the command line -- surely it should occur _after_ all the
>> /usr/lib/llvm-3.3/* libraries, in the same place as -ldl ... ?
>
> I've checked the CMakeLists.txt file and indeed this seems to be the
> case.
>
> Pull request with fix here:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/452

Yep, thanks; see my comment there.

The way the linker flags from llvm-config are handled in the build
system is really one big hack, but I couldn't manage to find a clean
solution yet. It has been a while since I last tried, though, maybe more
recent versions of CMake include more adequate facilities to solve this
problem.

David