Entry Point Not Found with ldc2-0.11.0-mingw-x86

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sat Aug 31 15:37:43 PDT 2013

Hi Ludovit,

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Ludovit Lucenic <llucenic at gmail.com> wrote:
> "The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library C:\Data\D\ldc2-0.11.0-mingw-x86\bin\libconfig++-9.dll."

>From a quick search online, it seems that the most likely explanation
for this error message is that you are using a SJLJ-based version of
MinGW.

LDC needs a DW2-based copy of MinGW, and more specifically, a recent
version of mingw-w64 because of TLS-related issues (no idea whether my
fixes also ended up in the mingw.org-flavored compilers by now). The
current one I'm using is this 4.8.0-based personal build by Ruben, but
newer ones might work as well:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/gcc-4.8-dw2-release/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-dw2-4.8.0-win32_rubenvb.7z/download

Hope this helps,
David