Compiling optimized release build with debug info turns off optimizations?

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Dec 23 07:15:54 PST 2013

On Saturday, 21 December 2013 at 12:17:57 UTC, Mikko Ronkainen
wrote:
> Now if I add -g to an optimized build (-O3 -release) in LDC, it
> seems that all/some optimizations are turned off. The debug
> (-g) and profile (-O3 -release -g) builds have the same
> performance. Release (-O3 -release) is noticeably faster.

The issue is that currently -g links in a non-optimized build of
druntime/Phobos, which is probably not a good idea:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/417

I'm currently thinking about enabling the druntime/Phobos debug
libraries when -d-debug is given (which also enables debug {}
blocks), but if you have a better idea, please comment on the
above GitHub issue.

David