Problem with compiling static libraries

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:35:18 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 2 July 2013 at 20:02:59 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:

> Hi Mike!
>
> Does the MingW tool chain use .a for static libs, too? Then the
> initialization of global.lib_ext is wrong. (It currently uses
> ".lib" for all Windows targets.)
>
> Kai

Yes, it uses .a for static libs, but .dll for shared libs.

However, the issue for me is that the compiler automatically adds
a prefix and suffix to the lib name in the first place. I'd
either like to turn it off, or have a way to specify a path for
the library to be output to. Currently, specifying something like
"-ofC:/path/to/mylib" results in "libC:/path/to/mylib.lib".