Performance dmd vs ldc2

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Jul 24 09:56:26 PDT 2013

On 24 Jul 2013, at 14:49, Chris wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying that. I am still impressed with the performance.
> Although I'm sure I could squeeze a bit
> more out of dmd. As of now I'm only using the garden-variety (i.e. dmd
> -release [files]). I didn't use any
> switches with ldc2, though.

Never benchmark programs without at least some optimization flags (e.g.
-O for DMD). It does not allow you to draw any conclusions, unless you
really want to compare the performance of the compilers for debug builds
of your application (where performance usually doesn't matter, except
for in realtime-ish applications).

David