Problem in installing/using LDC

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 17:29:42 PDT 2013

Hello and thanks to Kai and David for replying. Sure enough your
deduction was right -- my module was named namaste but I had a
directory of the same name.

Now we have three different behaviours:

dmd writes to a binary of the same name as the (first) source file
(removing the .d extension)
gdc requires an explicit -o filename just like gcc
ldc creates executables with the name being the module name defined
within the file.

Why this divergent behaviour? Can't we have one uniform policy? Both
GCC and Clang require the -o option for outputting to a specific
filename. Why don't we make it default here? I mean, even if we are
trying to make things "convenient", let's have some switch to ask for
the convenience like -a for autoname or something...

Anyhow, thanks for ldc -- I'll be testing it out. Since gdc gobbled up
my dmd installation, I removed both but hopefully ldc can help me out.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा