LDC 0.11.0 Beta 1

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sun Jun 2 07:54:40 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Temtaime <temtaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm modified a little testcase: http://dpaste.1azy.net/69cb277c

Still fails with DMD 2.062. I'm afraid we won't be able to fix this
for this release, as the error is not in actual LDC territory, and
back-porting this kind DMD patches can be a rather complicated affair
due to unintended side effects. Might be worth a look, though, if we
can locate the exact commit that fixed the regression.

> Can u build ldc based on 2.063 frontend ?

Not easily, it's a manual process that usually entails quite a bit of
head-scratching, because there are often "behind-the-scenes"
regressions that don't affect the DMD backend, but break our glue
code.

In any case, updating the frontend is planned for the next release,
which will hopefully come out in three weeks or so (my plan is to
tackle the merge into the development tree rather quickly, though, so
you might be able to use Git master much quicker).

David