2.063 merge

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Thu Jun 13 11:18:03 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 12 June 2013 at 22:08:10 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 June 2013 at 19:34:39 UTC, David Nadlinger
> wrote:
>> Scrap that – the fact that we are not emitting the extra minfo
>> data is screwing up ModuleInfo iteration, which leads to no
>> module constructors being called at all.
>
> If each LLVM module we generate would be emitted as an object
> file, this would be easy to resolve: Just emit
> _minfo_beg/_minfo_end and a constructor calling _d_dso_registry
> in module-level inline asm.
>
> Still not quite clean on how to get this to work with IR-level
> linking…

I added an rt.sections_ldc module that is just based on what we
had before (i.e. reads the _Dmodule_ref chain). Entirely untested
so far, there are probably big issues with it still (it might not
even compile on non-Linux systems).

Next step would be to get the DMD testsuite to pass. I'm using a
DMD-built d_do_test right now, as I think d_do_test is still
miscompiled.

David